4 April 2012

Introduction




                     © Dinna79 | Stock Free Images & Dreamstime Stock Photos



This is a short presentation introducing you to Internet Safety and to the activities on our blog.

Activity 1: think

Read the following questions and take some time to think. This will help you remember what you already know and understand the presentation much better. You could also discuss the questions with another student.

  • Why do you use the Internet for?
  • What’s your favourite activity on the Internet?
  • What do you know about internet safety? Do you have any e-safety rules? If yes, what are they?
  • Do you think that your body can suffer when you work on the computer for many hours? If yes, do you know any rules to avoid this from happening to you?

Now, think about the questions :)


Activity 2: listen

Now listen to the audio by clicking on the play button. It will give you information about our blog as well as useful advice on how to do the activities. Listen to it as many times as you like and don't worry about words you don't understand. Your aim is to answer the following questions and not to understand every single word :)

  1. What are some of the topics "e-safe 'n sound" will present and where will you find them?
  2. With what topic are you advised to begin and what should you do with the words you don't know?
  3. What two things will you create after you have done the activities and in what order?   
  4. What can you do if you have a question or problem while doing the activities?  





Activity 3: check your answers

Have you answered the questions above? Would you like to check your answers? If you are doing the activity with someone else tell each other what you understood. Otherwise, click on the link next to the hand icon.



Activity 4: leave a comment

You can leave a comment by answering one of the following questions. This will help me design our blog according to your needs:

  • What do you expect to learn from this website?
  • Is there an other topic related to Internet safety that you would like to see in the future? For example, would you like to learn about Facebook, Internet games, online bullying and so on?

If you don’t remember how to leave comments, click on the link next to the hand icon. It will take you to our class blog “blogging town” where you can read the “how to leave comments” section.

☞    How to leave comments 

 

Tip 1
Always read the comments of the other people and try to add extra information. For example if someone has written "I expect to learn how to use facebook in a safe way" don't just write the same thing. You can say: "I totally agree with X. Another thing I expect is to....". In this way, we not only learn from each other but we read a variety of opinions :)

Tip 2
Check your comment for correct grammar, spelling and punctation. If you are not sure about the spelling of a word, for example, you can use the dictionary at the end of this page. Simply enter the word and click GO. If you can find it and the meaning of the word is the same with the word you are checking, then you are right; if not, try again.

Remember: your comments not always express your opinion but also help other people learn new words and expressions :) 

Tip 3

If you have a problem, go to the tab "about the teacher" and ask for help.




6 comments:

  1. its a fantastic blog!!!!! I like the exercises!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Irene. I like it very much. One thing I want to learn in the future is facebook and one other thing is computer games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understood the audio very well. And the things I didn't understood I saw from the answers. I hope to learn many things about Internet safety from these lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Deppy. I want to learn about internet safety in games and in facebook. Also what to do if we see that in a site people say bad words to us and to other people who are on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. miss sophia i like very very much the blog!! i like very much the pictures, the exercises(they are like games)and the first of all the dictionary!i think that dictionary is very helpfull!!very very very good job miss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARIA G.May 04, 2012

    miss Sophia very nice blog.I will learn how I will be protected.ONE IDEA? To put some games. Very very good job miss!!!

    ReplyDelete